Sustainable development (offline version)
The course consists of five modules and is made up of presentations with graphics, videos, questions for discussions, extra reading, and quizzes. You will need to complete each module before you can move on to the next one.
The modules and issues dealt with are:
- Development in an unequal world: the module covers distribution
of wealth and development in the world, the use of planetary resources,
and future predictions for population, poverty and income distribution
- Climate change and biodiversity: the module provides facts about biodiversity and our dependence on nature. It also unpacks climate change and its impact on Africa.
- Water, food security, agriculture and health: this module covers the science of water supply and management, agriculture and food security. It also deals with health impacts of climate change, water scarcity and deforestation.
- Transport and energy: this module covers sustainable transport and energy as key drivers of economic and social development. It looks at viable alternative energy sources and more sustainable modes of transport.
- Urbanisation: the module covers urbanisation and its implications for your country’s development and use of resources. It looks at improved planning and more sustainable policies and solutions for your cities.